Patient Participation Group
What is a Patient Participation Group?
It is a group of patients who work with the Practice to provide practical support, to help patients to take more responsibility for their own health and to provide strategic input and advice.
They are based on co-operation between the Practice staff and patients.
The purpose of the PPG is to:
- Give Practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their Practice.
- Provide means for patients to make positive suggestions about the Practice.
- Encourage health education activities within the Practice.
- Develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients ie befriending, help with transport and bereavement support.
- Act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
- Involve further patients from the wider population.
Virtual Patient Participation Group
We are encouraging patients to give their opinions about the services provided at your Surgery. We would like to be able to find out the views of as many of our patients as possible by sending you an email every now and again with one or two questions to answer.
If you are interested in helping to improve the services that we offer, you can sign up using our online form.
We will then add your email address to a contact list. Your contact details will only be used for this purpose and will be kept safely. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.